It is that time again. The time for me to report my latest statistics. I report them because they are my main motivation to keep doing this. It is a little personal triumph when I reach the next level of number of views or number of followers or a new country of origin for the viewer. It makes me feel like the time I spend (which truthfully isn’t all that much) in front of the computer is worth it.
I started this blog because people always asked questions about what things were like here. I thought of doing a blog before and I tried to do a journal when I got here, but it quickly died because I received no enjoyment from it. I’m not much of a writer, at times I wish I was, but I’m not. So, I decided to give the blog thing a try. I really enjoy taking pictures and it is fun being able to share them with people that like looking at pictures. But I didn’t have a lot of faith in my ability to stick to it, but I thought no harm, no foul if I did it a few times & then let it go.
After a couple days I took great interest in the WordPress statistics and the fact there there were more than a couple people clicking on my little blog. I thought it was cool to see the interest from such a diverse population, from countries all over the world. And so began my quest to not only keep the blog going, but find content that interested others to get my numbers up. In just over 6 weeks, they have reached levels I would have never imagined or predicted. I am slightly in awe at the following I have received and am glad I am able to put something out there that people want to see.
Here are my latest stats as of 0607, 23 Apr 12:
- 17,977 page views
- 102 followers – not counting those that click through from Facebook or Twitter – by the way, for you folks that rely on that method, I would encourage you to become a dedicated follower instead so you don’t miss a post…plus, then my followers number will grow 😉
- 67 posts
- 537 comments
- Most common search term that brings people to me: ‘FOB Apache’
- The most unusual search term that lead to my blog: ‘”catheter bag” child’
- Top referral site: Facebook
- Top post: Home page
- 2nd most popular post: Toilets on the FOB
- Top 3 single day page views: 858, 838 and 818…odd they all end in ‘8’
- Readers from 54 different countries. Still no one from Fiji 😦
- Top 3 countries: USA, UK, Romania
- Country that surprised me the most: Cyprus
Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and look at my pictures. I really appreciate the kind words and the encouragement I have received and look forward to seeing how this thing can grow.