The other day the wonderful blogger from Him, Her and Us bestowed upon me the Illuminating Blogger Award. To me these awards can feel somewhat akin to a chain letter designed to help introduce new readers to your blog. The ‘proper’ thing to do is to follow the rules, which in this case are:
- Visit the Blog who awarded you and thank them.
- Tell everyone who nominated you, thank the blogger and include a link back to their site on your blog.
- Share a random thing about yourself.
- Select five or more nominees — and notify them on their blogs.
- Put the award on your blog somewhere.
I have decided that as much as I appreciate the recognition, I am not going to play along.
The nice thing about this was when she sent it to me she acknowledged that she knew I had decided to ‘opt out’, but wanted to recognize me anyway.
But I feel that I should acknowledge and thank her for taking the time to recognize me. It is great to know that people enjoy the stuff I am posting.
Please visit her blog Him, Her and Us, she has a lot of great pictures and interesting stories.
Thanks for reading,