Well, it has been one year since I posted – Starting Out, launching the beginning of my blog. I honestly had no idea where I would go with it or if I would even stick to it.
I did stick with it and my blog became photocentric, sharing the things around me in Zabul, Afghanistan. In a relatively short time I had a following that I didn’t expect and that was the incentive I needed to post almost every day for the rest of the time I was there.
Since late September, when I returned home, I have not done a very good job keeping at it…I would like to, but so far I haven’t found the incentive to take the time to do it.
I am amazed at the number of people that are still stopping by, almost always looking for information on Afghanistan, although I have had no new Afghanistan content in nearly 6 months.
Here are my latest stats:
- I have had 108,490 page views, averaging about 5000 per month since October 2012
- My busiest month was August with nearly 16000 views.
- I have had visitors from 122 different countries
- The top 5 countries with the most visits are: the USA, Romania, the UK, Canada & South Africa, in that order.
- There have still been no visitors from Fiji or Lichtenstein
- The top 5 search terms bringing people to my blog are: FOB Apache, FOB Apache Afghanistan, FOB Apache Afghanistan 2012, FOB Lagman & FOB Bullard, in that order
- The top 5 posts are: Forward Operating Base Apache, About me, Sleeping in Afghanistan, The love of a Soldier’s wife, Lagman & Apache views
- The post I would like to be the most viewed is Tribute to the Soldiers of COP Mizan because those guys should always be remembered
- I currently have 435 followers. At one point I had 448 but then dropped to a recent low of 432 (even though I seldom write, I still check my stats about once a week). I had hoped to reach 500, but I guess that will probably not happen.
- I have put up 248 posts, but only 4 of them in 2013.
I plan to get back to posting regularly, maybe weekly. We’ll see.
Anyway, I want to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude for everyone’s ongoing support and interest in my little slice of the internet.
Thanks for looking and take care.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.